Here's a look at our Five Star Super Detailed 25 point Furnace Maintenance. (Included in both of our Comfort Club Plans! )
The purpose for scheduling a cleaning/maintenance with us is to extend the life of your equipment and make sure everything is running in a proper safe manner while maintaining its efficiently. You can loose up to 10% per year if left unchecked, dirt is the number one cause of breakdowns. We take the time needed for a super clean result!
- Visually inspect the furnace cabinet for defects, rust, moisture, and corrosion.
- Clean and inspect burner compartment.
- Clean and inspect blower compartment.
- Clean blower motor end.
- Clean inducer or vent motor end.
- Check inducer or vent motor for visible cracks and corrosion.
- (a) Inspect igniter** (b) Clean flame sensor** (c) Clean pilot assembly and de-carbon thermocouple**
- Verify igniter operation.
- (a) Inspect gas valve for signs of corrosion or leaks. (b) Check the manifold gas pressure (adjust if necessary). (c) Check the operation of the gas valve staging**
- Check air filter, change if necessary (we can provide filter for an additional charge).
- Check the blower control.
- Verify the "cool down" run after the call for heat is satisfied.
- Inspect connections for the low voltage safety chain and limit/auxiliary controls.
- Check blower door lock and safety switch operation.
- Clean pressure switch port tube/barb connection.
- (a) Clean and clear condensate trap** (b) Check the condensate drain path** (c) Check condensate pump for proper operation**
- Visually inspect venting/flue pipe.
- Check furnace operation for vibrations, excessive or unusual noise.
- Check temperature rise (adjust if necessary).
- Analyze combustion to evaluate if the furnace is safe to operate.
- Verify that the thermostat cycles (starts/stops) the furnace.
- Inquire about thermostat batteries (assist in changing if necessary)
- Recommend any repairs or modifications noted during service.
- Address any accessories that may require maintenance (humidifier, air purifier, etc.)
- Discuss the performed service and recommend a periodic maintenance schedule.
Note: ** If applicable. ( Not all furnaces have this equipment)